James A. Buckeyne |
Mail: 2091 Angel Falls Drive
Henderson, NV 89014
Highly skilled professional seeking a rewarding position in a forward moving company to expand and extend my own abilities and help the company achieve and grow.
Was inducted into gifted and accelerated education classes. I skipped 2 years in my mathematics classes. Independent study practices were highly encouraged. I've continued that and am constantly pursuing new things to learn and achieve.
1986-1990 Palm Bay High, Palm Bay, FL
Graduated with a 3.5 GPA. Took Advanced Placement (college level) Chemistry, English, Computer Science, and 2 years of calculus.
1990-1992 Brevard Community College Palm Bay, FL
Completed 36 of 54 hours towards an associate degree in Computer Science. Maintained a 3.2 GPA. Took 3rd year Calculus, Drafting, Introductory and Advanced Programming (I should note I helped the teacher more then they helped me), and AutoCAD classes.
1999 - 2000 Software Developer
Greaternet Internet Service Provider
(321)638-1303 Contact: Paul Abernathy
- Developed ActiveX Components for use by Visual Basic Front Ends, COM/COM+, ATL. Components include SNMP, SNTP, Ping, Trace Route, and Product registration...
- Learned how to interface to SQL databases. ADO, OLE/DB database access objects.
- Developed Direct Show applications to read streams from cameras.
- Write a program to use a finger print reader, store a customers picture and finger print ID, and assign an account number, for a check validation system.
1999 - 1999 Embedded Systems Programmer
- Wrote software for a single board computer using a Z80 Processor, using C, to monitor and display voltages, currents, and other critical systems in custom built recreational vehicles. System was meant to work without intervention, and provide output to a phosphorescent display.
1994 - 1998 Systems Analyst
Electronic Visions, Inc.
(321)632-7530 Contact: Howard McGinnis
- Developed software applications for Windows NT and Windows 95 using Microsoft Visual C 1.5 - 4.0.
- All applications meant to work in an embedded environment, providing backup fail-over. All systems were installed in remote locations, without monitor or keyboard attached.
- Developed several network applications using Winsock TCP and UDP protocols.
- Developed a software distribution product to deploy software to defined computer systems, then provide monitoring and control of applications, ensuring that all systems were operating with the correct set of software. System provided for automatic upgrades upon a node's restart.
- Aided in development of an inter-task communications library using Windows shared memory. Control and interlocks ensured that data integrity was maintained.
- Added printing capabilities to existing and new software.
- Responsible for documentation of each piece of software developed.
- Used Microsoft Excel, Access, and Word for various purposes from documentation to editing the configuration database, which controlled how the software interoperated.
Developed an HTML Server for dynamic data displayed via a Browser based interface.
1989-1994 Systems Analyst
Logical Data Corporation
Palm Bay, FL
(321)723-7000 Contact: Richard Whitworth
- Developed software to emulate an existing terminal program using proprietary protocols for screen formatting and disk data transfer.
- Developed an embedded operating system that was cooperative and pre-emptive multi-tasking, multi-threaded, prioritized, messaging, and modular, which ran under DOS.
- Embedded system provided peripheral expansion for MODCOMP computers which were no longer supporting replacement systems. Systems are still in use at Texas City Union Carbide, and several other sites.
- Developed a TCP/IP layer protocol using a Western Digital 8023 Ethernet controller.
- Responsible for documenting shared code APIs for other developers. Used Borland C 3.1 to develop this product.
- Helped develop a propriety interface between a PC ISA BUS, and a Modcomp standard BUS. This was the central product for which the embedded system was designed to provide standard PC peripherals for existing Modcomp installations which are no longer manufactured.
- Worked on-site for product installation and trouble-shooting.
1984-1998 Independent Development
- 'Dekware' (www.dekware.com) - Command line based system designed with generic objects. Script Processor, support Plugins for quick command extension. Supports both macro/procedural design, and also can automatically trigger events upon receiving input.
- Neural Network breadboard. Supports external applications with either a C or C++ interface. Allows for designing of neural type circuits, with independent processing from the host application.
- Video Editing - ULead Pro 5.0, Personal AVI Editor, various other applications
- 3D Graphics Engine - projected textures, developed in C and Assembly.
- 3D Studio Max - Designed a 'Bike' object which modeled in scale a 10 speed mountain bike, for use in a corporate demonstration animated video.
- Wave Editing - recording, processing, resequencing.
- 'Cyber Link' - Consists of a switching 'hub' and client packages. TCP/IP based chat system.
- (In development) NT Device Driver - A virtual camera driver to replay stored .AVI files and or animated .GIF images. Also can generate fractal displayed with cycling color.
- Remote UNIX Administration of web servers.
- Hundreds of small projects...
Windows NT/95/98 (8 years)
Unix (Linux, QNX, Realix, BSD Unix) (4 years)
X-Windows (2 years)
DOS (8 years)
Shared Memory (5 years)
Multi Process/Multi Thread (8 years)
TCP/IP sockets (8 years)
TCP/IP protocol (custom implementation) (1 year)
Realtime Message distribution (8 years)
Redundant systems, application monitoring (2 years)
Embedded Systems. (4 years)
Animation/Sound (8 years)
Microsoft Visual from 4.2 (8 years)
Borland (4 years)
Symantec (1 year)
GNU(Unix, DOS, WIN32 ) (5 years)
Java ( Javac, Java Studio, Web-browser Script) (1 year)
Perl (2 years)
Fortran (1 year)
Basic (4 years)
Pascal (4 years)
Intel 80x86 assembly (assembler) (11 years)
LISP (1 year)
ActiveX (1 year)
OLE/DB (1 year)
ADO (1 year)
COM/COM+ (1 year)
ATL (1 year)
3D Studio Max (2 years)
Excel (Office 97) (4 years)
Quattro (2.0?) (1 year)
Lotus (1.0?) (1 year)
Access (4 years)
D-Base (2 years)
Microsoft Word (Office 97) (4 years)
Power Point (1 year)
Word Perfect (4 years)
Telnet (Used and Implemented server and client)
FTP (Used and Implemented server and client)
CGI C program interface on BSD Unix (4 months)
Perl (3 years)
Java script (3 years)
Webpage form interface development (4 years)
Perl SMTP Form Mailer (3 months)
Takes HTML form data, parses the field values, connects to local SMTP server using sockets, sends a standardized form letter which contains the form data, and generates success/failure HTML response for the browser.
Perl TCP socket relay/multi-plexor (1 year)
SQL/ODBC Databases (2 years)
Active Components (2 years)
C TCP socket relay/multi-plexor for video streams (2 years)
UDP CuSeeme Relay (2 months)
All jobs were full cycle product development, including writing specifications, laying out the programs, coding, and verification testing of the programs.
Most application development using C/C++ and Intel x86 assembly. I have skill in Java, Fortran, Basic, and Pascal. I have a little knowledge of LISP and Cobol, Fourth, Prolog. I have been a network administrator, responsible for setting up and maintaining a network to provide video broadcasting, shared printers and shared file systems. I have installed, configured, and maintained Windows 95/98, NT, and RedHat Linux. I have done PC repair work and maintenance. I have done hardware diagnostics and used logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, and learned about programmable chips. I've developed applications that use the Windows Sound Multi-media subsystem. I am very familiar with Personal computers at all levels, which my first job encouraged, as one cannot write effective, and efficient applications without knowing the platform they are for (included use of a logic analyzer on CPU signals for code and memory trending). Most of my previous experience is in real-time (in-time or near-time) data distribution and event based process control. Various other projects I have worked on in personal time explore most every aspect of computers and programming (User I/O, Video/Graphics, Sound, Disk management, File design and layout for efficient access...). I'm very adept at picking up new applications quickly.
Personal vocations have brought me to optimize 3d code for a long time. I have folders and archives of various projects I have worked on. My most recent project was to use arbitrary plane defined by an origin and a normal, and have the software automatically compute intersecting lines and find bound surfaces for step-wise refining of complex shapes. Also developed an interactive breadboard for designing neural circuits. (First pass gives say 6 bounding planes, and longer interaction allows more time for further cutting planes to provide fine definition)... Note specifically under education the mathematics background.
During my affiliation with an Internet video stream provider, I worked to develop applications, which were network and more specifically Internet based.